Saturday, March 15, 2008

Who needs money when im wealthier than Bill Gates

I'm so happy lately,I'm sure people around me think I'm irritating. The world just cant get me down. I feel like Teflon these days. Today couldn't have been better from start to finish. All in all i made memories today that will definitely last a lifetime for me and Jerry.

Me and Jerry have this game we play. Whoever says," I'm like rubber , your like glue!" to the other person first, that's how it is. Juvenile i know but hey go be serious on your own time. So this morning when i sorta woke up at 6 am i poked Jerry in the ribs," Hey Jerry!!" "Yea Dad?" he mumbles through closed eyes grumpily. "I'm like rubber your like glue!!!" i say to him. He doesn't skip a beat "Oh Dad you always win." We both fall back to sleep and wake up a few hours later.
Laying in bed i rolled over and he was quietly reading a book beside me. He could have gone and played video games on my computer or done whatever but he wanted to be Right beside me. We wrestled for almost an hour . Laying there being goofy talking about life and stuff. Got up and i showed him the art my Dad had drawn in a sketch pad. The sketch book was almost 25 years old and there is plenty of blank pages left in it. For me and my son to draw in. So i got him working on that for me.


Look at his hand , that's a guy who gets into his art. Then after hanging out in our pj's for a couple hours we went for breakfast. Where i tried to con him into putting a big drop of tabasco sauce on his tongue for 5 bucks. No dice, which is probably a good thing considering i would have had to pay him and listen to him whine about it. then off we went. I didn't really have anything planned but recently at work i had driven past a cool hydro electric dam i had never been to. Me and Jerry buckled up and off we went. The park around the dam was cool. We walked to where the water was pouring out of the dam and looked. It was pretty neat, then of course someone got the great idea that we should throw really big Branch's off the side and watch them fall. So we did that for awhile. All these people standing around watching me and him do this, was to funny. People are weird, life isn't supposed to be taken so seriously. It wasn't like we threw the garbage cans from the park down there. ( might have if they weren't there)


Then just down the road from that there was another touristy attraction i had never been to before. The capilano suspension bridge, about a 100' up its a fairly sturdy bridge. Hard to get swaying, not to say i didn't manage to get it moving. We entered that park and found a lot more than just a bridge full of Asian tourists. When you cross the bridge you get to wander all around these wooden board walks through the forest. Plus a major bonus, some of them were high up in the tree's. Like the ewoks in star wars as Jerry pointed out. That was actually worth the price of admission. It was a lot of fun and i will be going back there. a friend of mine once told me she thought of me and Jerry as a couple of 7 year olds cept one happened to get a drivers license. Our a d d kicked in hard again so we left that park too.
He was whining for food but i knew better, we got a small snack and off we went to a favorite park of mine. If you ever get to go to Vancouver go to lighthouse park its worth the effort. Me and Jerry meandered through old growth to the beach. Where we came out of the forest we were perched on top of a rather rocky coastline. The view is great, but its a bit treacherous if your not careful. So we wandered around the cliffs laughing and giggling, making our way to the ocean down below. We looked in the small tidal pools at the critters and we found some good beach treasure. An old chain used for logging and some other precious things. I spotted a couple of my most favorite trees in the world and wanted to get a closer look and some pics.(arbutus trees) So off we went up the cliffs. Not on traditional trails or anything. We climbed all over the rocks, up ,down ,sideways and back again. I let him show off where he could and got serious when it was warranted. I taught him about the dangers of taking unnecessary risks. That it was OK to be a team and help each other. It doesn't mean your a bad climber, in fact it makes you a better climber. I snapped a ton a great pictures all day, and some little videos. The pics kind of made me want to write this blog. They were all taken today, the ones above and below.

All in all it was a fricken awesome day. One that i will not soon forget. I think its times like these that make me happy to be alive. I couldn't have planned a more perfect day if i had unlimited time and funds. Jerry is my partner in crime and my adventure seeking friend. Not just my son, my reason to be alive. As for what tomorrow may bring who knows, although its getting harder and harder to top these great things we do. I love you Jerry, here's to the future.

There is more pics posted at http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee105/souldoubtt/

PS: A puppy dies every time you read a blog and don't leave a comment, think about the puppies!

2 comments:

Katastrophe said...

You are a couple of seven year olds. You're also the luckiest seven year olds ever.

It's only fair that you take turns with the driver's license though.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written hon. I am so glad you have each other. You're an amazing father and he is a wonderful little boy... I feel like I got a peek into something incredibly special..*hugs*